Connecting the right manufacturers to the right customers by educating and training architects, roof consultants, building owners, developers, engineers, contractors, and distributors on best practices, products, and services.
We use our technical expertise, professional network, and superior service to help our customers be more productive and proﬁtable.
Paul and Dan grew up in the commercial building products industry. While their careers took them to various leadership positions within Fortune 200 companies, they often talked about one day starting their own company back in construction products. This dream was realized at the end of 2016, as they started ComStuct Sales, LLC.
Meet the Team
This is an equal partnership between Paul Larson and Dan Schmidt. Dan and Paul worked together for 10 years at ITW Buildex, a division of Illinois Tool Works, in various sales, marketing, and engineering roles. They both developed significant new business selling fasteners, adhesives, and specialty tools exclusively into commercial roofing applications. As key members of the leadership team, they helped grow sales by more than $13,000,000 (94%) over the last 5 years they worked together.
- Worked directly with rooﬁng contractors throughout IL, WI, IN, MN, KS, and MO
- Provided jobsite training related to AccuTrac ® and other productivity enhancing products
- As National Account Manager, worked extensively with rooﬁng manufacturers to help achieve maximum wind uplift performance
- Partnered with distributors and contractors as Western Regional Manager
- Awarded US patent for ReelFast TM rooﬁng productivity improvement product
- B.S. in Engineering from University of Notre Dame, M.B.A. from DePaul University
- Started in Engineering developing systems to improve productivity and roof performance
- Moved into National Account sales to drive growth with strategic accounts
- Assisted contractors with installation issues, product selection, and training on new systems
- Worked closely with Factory Mutual and system manufacturers on uplift and other testing
- Active at Single Ply Rooﬁng Industry (SPRI), President in 2006
- US patent holder for a variety of rooﬁng products
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering From University of Iowa, M.B.A from Northwestern University.
Let us know how we can help you...